25 Days 25 Random Acts of Kindness Challenge Day 1: Hold the door open for someone
Holding the door open for someone is something you don’t really need to do anymore? I mean, that’s what automatic doors are for right? Guess again. Holding the door open (unless it is an automatic door obviously, since that would just be weird) is a polite and considerate act you can do for your family, friends and strangers, every single day. And it’s super easy!
Here is how it works:
- You approach door first
- Person approaches door second
- Grab the door handle, knob, lever, say “Open Sesame”, whatever the opening device is
- Open door
- Allow person to enter and walk through door
- If multiple people are approaching door, continue to hold said door open until all have entered through
- Bonus points: Say “Hi”, acknowledge “Thank you’s”, throw out a “Merry Christmas” or two. Basically, don’t be a Napolean Dynamite while holding the door.
Whether you’re at school, the store, at work, or at home, those around you will certainly appreciate your good manners and the random act of kindness. It’s such a simple way to brighten someone’s day, turn around a bad mood, and to help someone feel like they matter.
Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Romans 12:10 (ESV)